GDPR Privacy Notice
COLLATON KENNELS LTD is committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from or about you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation [the GDPR], the data controller is COLLATON KENNELS LTD.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check back regularly to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
Data Protection Contact
The contact details for our Managing Director for any data protection queries are as follows:
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
Particulars of processing
We process personal data about clients. The categories of person about whom we process personal data are described in more detail in the Annex to this Privacy Notice.
Your rights as a data subject
The General Data Protection Regulation provides the following rights (subject to some exemptions):
- The right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to request erasure of the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to request restriction of processing about you;
- The right to object to processing; and
- The right to data portability.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Managing Director at the details above.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) full contact details for which can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
How we will use information about you
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest [or for official purposes].
We will generally process your personal data for contractual necessity in providing services. We may also use personal information for additional relevant and related purposes where you might reasonably expect us to do so, where the benefits of doing so are not outweighed by your own interests or fundamental rights or freedoms. This may include:
- To maintain our records and other administrative purposes, including updating your details and preferences:
- To assist with queries or complaints;
- To ensure medical treatment is provided to your dog/cat in the event of medical emergency;
- To facilitate welfare decisions with nominated Local Contact Person if nominated.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the United Kingdom, the supervisory authority is the Office of the Information Commissioner, full contact details for which can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Recipients of Data
We may use service providers to help us provide you with our services. Personal data may be transferred to such service providers, who act for or on our behalf, for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the data was originally collected or may otherwise be lawfully processed.
Such third parties have contracted with us as data processors under the requirements in the GDPR. They are contractually bound to only use personal data for the agreed purpose(s). Relevant persons working for these third parties will have access to your personal data under the terms of the data processor contract, but only to the extent necessary to perform their services for us.
In appropriate circumstances we may disclose data to authorised bodies as required by law.
Please contact the Managing Director above if you have any questions or concerns about personal data and privacy matters.
This Annex sets out Collaton Kennels Ltd’s processing of personal data relating to clients.
What personal data do we process, why do we process it and what is the lawful basis?
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Name and telephone number of nominated Local Contact Person
- Name and telephone number of veterinary surgeon you use for your dog(s) / cat(s)
- Name of dog(s) / cat(s)
- Breed of dog(s)
- Vaccination details of dog(s) / cat(s)
- Microchip details of dog(s)
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Provision of kennelling services including administration and transactional communications relating to such services - Lawful basis: Contractual necessity
- Providing emergency medical/welfare services for your dog(s) / cat(s) - Lawful basis: Legitimate interest
Where do we obtain your personal data from?
The above personal data is received direct from you.
How long do we hold your personal data for?
Personal data will be retained in accordance with statutory requirements.
Are you obliged to provide us with your personal data?
You are not obliged to provide the personal data in question. However, if you do not provide the personal data, we will be unable to perform any contract we have with you for the provision of kennelling/cattery services.
Recipients of your personal data
We will only disclose your personal data to veterinary services in the event of a medical emergency relating to your dog(s) / cat(s).
Data arising from the transaction for payment of services will be shared with QuickBooks.
Do we use your data for any automated decision-making?
No personal data is processed for automated decision-making
Any financial data arising from a transactional process will be held securely by Collaton Kennels Ltd in accordance and compliance with all statutory and HMRC requirements.